DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Interior Drain Tile (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/155323-interior-drain-tile.html)

[email protected] April 27th 06 07:56 PM

Interior Drain Tile

While purchasing drain tile to embed in my basement floor along the
foundation leading to the sump pump, I noticed two different types.
There was the black 4" corrugated stuff with narrow slits, and a rigid
lightweight PVC with quarter sized holes drilled every foot or so.
Which is better for this application? I've used the corrugated stuff
outside before, but I've never done an interior drain.

Also, I once heard of drilling the base foundation wall and running
pipes to weep the moisture away. If I were to pursue this, what type
of auger should I rent, and what size PVC do you feed into the holes?

Thanks in advance,
~Tom