DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing A Piece Of Siding ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/155318-removing-piece-siding.html)

Robert11 April 27th 06 06:07 PM

Removing A Piece Of Siding ?

Hello:

Other than using a thin hacksaw blade kind of approach, any other good
techniques for removing a piece of house wood, horizontal,
siding (called clapboards ?) to get rid of the nails holding it on, that are
covered by the siding piece right below ?

Have never done this before.

Thanks,
Bob

RayV April 27th 06 06:40 PM

Removing A Piece Of Siding ?

Try one of these:

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...d+114 6234988

RayV April 27th 06 06:48 PM

Removing A Piece Of Siding ?

That might work except the OP said it was wood siding. Maybe you are
joking...

RayV April 27th 06 06:57 PM

Removing A Piece Of Siding ?

I too almost suggested this:
http://tinyurl.com/lomfx

Works great for removing vinyl siding.

Doug Warner April 28th 06 02:49 AM

Removing A Piece Of Siding ?

"Robert11" wrote:

Hello:

Other than using a thin hacksaw blade kind of approach, any other good
techniques for removing a piece of house wood, horizontal,
siding (called clapboards ?) to get rid of the nails holding it on, thatare
covered by the siding piece right below ?

I used a reciprocating saw with a long metal cutting blade. Just slip
it under the siding and cut the nails off. I did this to replace all
the damaged siding before painting.
--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.