DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repair mortar in brick patio? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/155041-repair-mortar-brick-patio.html)

LurfysMa April 26th 06 05:27 AM

Repair mortar in brick patio?

We just had our brick patio power washed. After the guy was done,
there were "holes" in the mortar (grout?). I never noticed them
before. Maybe they were full of dirt.

Anyway, can that be easily repaired? Can I just go buy some brick
mortar and fill in the holes? Or do I need to hire someone who knows
how to work with bricks?

--
For email, use

[email protected] April 26th 06 02:09 PM

Repair mortar in brick patio?

It's not hard to do just tedious, web search "tuck pointing"

LurfysMa April 26th 06 05:23 PM

On 26 Apr 2006 06:09:46 -0700, wrote:

It's not hard to do just tedious, web search "tuck pointing"

Most of those sites say that it should be done by an experienced
professional. I actually wasn't going to do it myself. I was planning
on asking the handyman that does odd repairs to do it.

Should I call a brink contractor or should the handyman be able to do
it correctly?

--
For email, use