DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Adding an additional Jack (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/154962-adding-additional-jack.html)

Kbaum April 25th 06 03:10 PM

Adding an additional Jack

I have an older house that has loop wiring for the telephone system. So
to add another line into my office (not a second line), I cut the loop
in the attic and added modules, put on a splitter, reconnected
everything and dropped the new line into the office. The original loop
still works. Phones on both ends are functioning, but the line into the
office is dead. I have tested the lines themselves, and they work as
well. What am I missing?

Stormin Mormon April 26th 06 11:52 PM

Adding an additional Jack

Sometimes the modular plugs don't make very good contact. Wiggle
everything. Then, get a modular phone set and go up to the attic, and
try plugging in to the splitter, and see what you find.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

oups.com...