DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Leaking Toilet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/154894-leaking-toilet.html)

Barry April 25th 06 02:12 AM

Leaking Toilet

The previous owner left me with several gifts. This being one.

I had planned to lift out the toilet, cut out the section of the
sub-floor that is damaged, then put a few 2x4 on the flat between the
joices to support a new subfloor I would install ...lastly I had
planned to properly install the toilet.

Any other advice?

Just FYI, I think the previous owner put down a new subfloor to instal
new tile and never properly re-installed the toilet (when he lifted the
floor) .. but that is just my guess... I will know more once I lift out
the toilet.

Barry April 25th 06 02:26 AM

Leaking Toilet

Since I removed the floor feed, here is a more representative picture
of the closet.

Joey April 25th 06 02:54 AM

Leaking Toilet

Barry wrote:
Since I removed the floor feed, here is a more representative picture
of the closet.

Barry,

You're most likely going to get all types of advice here, but I would
under all circumstances use the new waxless ring when you put the toilet
back. They can rock to an extent and still won't leak which it what
caused your problem here. This is not a hard job but you'll have to
take the floor up and since you can get to the underside easily I would
put in a new closet flange -- the PVC type.