Posted to alt.home.repair
Kramertheman

Default Precision Entry fiberglass door clear coat finish problem

Does anyone have any experience with clear coated (stained) fiberglass

doors? I had a Precision Entry door installed on my home which showed
signs of peeling (the clearcoat) after only a couple of years. Now the

door looks terrible and Precision refuses to honor their 5 year
warranty on the finish even though I have proof that I contacted them
about it within the warranty period. What can I do with this door?
almost everybody suggests painting it but that would change the look of

the door. It is a fiberglass wood grain door which is factory
clearcoated. I can't find a professional who is willing to prep the
door, restain it , and apply another clear coat. I am not sure why
they don't want to attempt it. What can I do? Any suggestions? Is
the problem of the clear coating a common problem with fiberglass doors

or is it more than likely a problem with this particualr manufacturer?

Anybody?

Here is link to some pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kramertheman

video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
Contractor skipped second of three stucco coats. Fran Home Repair 9 May 21st 04 03:37 AM
Pinewood Derby 101 - painting a car and getting a smooth finish - need help usenetdg Woodworking 56 March 20th 04 02:31 AM
plastering Jon W UK diy 12 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
Top Coat for Watco Danish Oil Finish???????? Jay Woodworking 7 November 8th 03 02:47 PM