DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tiling Steps (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/154247-tiling-steps.html)

dreamrcyn April 20th 06 03:40 PM

Tiling Steps

Is it possible to use ceramic tile on the face of steps? How is this done
without having them crack when they are being stepped on ? I want to tile
the face & stain wood for the tops of my steps. Please advise.

Norminn April 20th 06 07:43 PM

Tiling Steps

dreamrcyn wrote:

Is it possible to use ceramic tile on the face of steps? How is this done
without having them crack when they are being stepped on ? I want to tile
the face & stain wood for the tops of my steps. Please advise.

I suppose you would grout only the vertical joints, and run a bead of
caulk along the horiz. Leave a bit of space at top and bottom when you
cut them.