DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   washing machine drain hose (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/154182-washing-machine-drain-hose.html)

Gary Niskanen April 20th 06 03:09 AM

washing machine drain hose

My washing machine drain hose inserts into a drain pipe just larger than the
drain hose. Problem is some water is not shooting down the pipe. There is
a elbow about 6-8inches down from where it inserts.

Any suggestions on adapting this?

I have no laundry tub

Gideon April 20th 06 03:28 AM

washing machine drain hose

Duct Tape?

Worked for me.

RobertM April 20th 06 04:46 AM

washing machine drain hose

"Gary Niskanen" wrote in message
My washing machine drain hose inserts into a drain pipe just larger than
the drain hose. Problem is some water is not shooting down the pipe.
There is a elbow about 6-8inches down from where it inserts.

Any suggestions on adapting this?

I have no laundry tub

The outlet of my drain hose is 1-1/4 and the drain pipe is 1-1/2 PVC so
it was easy to install a threaded adapter from the local hardware store and
top it off with a nut and rubber washer borrowed from a J trap. With the
tight fit, air can no get in to break any possible suction on the drain pipe
so I teed off the drain pipe and installed an air admittance valve higher
than the drain hose. Perhaps overkill on that.

Bob

RayV April 20th 06 02:11 PM

washing machine drain hose

Maybe you could just add a couple of inches to the top of the pipe. I
think the installation instructions for my washer specified a minimum
height before the trap.

I didn't read the instructions though, I just glanced at them and my
eyes started to burn.