DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Garden Hose AdaptorMix Hot and Cold (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/153908-garden-hose-adaptormix-hot-cold.html)

Michael Bushey April 18th 06 03:59 PM

Garden Hose AdaptorMix Hot and Cold

I have two out side faucets, one hot water one cold water. I cannot find a Y
piece adaptor that will allow the two to mix to one hose. All the garden
stores have adaptors that split one hose faucet into others but not the
reverse. Where might I find such a thing?

[email protected] April 18th 06 04:28 PM

Michael Bushey wrote:

I have two out side faucets, one hot water one cold water. I cannot find a Y
piece adaptor that will allow the two to mix to one hose. All the garden
stores have adaptors that split one hose faucet into others but not the
reverse. Where might I find such a thing?

Run a washing machine (female-to-female) hose from the hot spigot to
one male end of the garden hose adapter and screw its female end to
the cold spigot. The other male end would be the gozouta.

Nick

RayV April 18th 06 04:33 PM

Garden Hose AdaptorMix Hot and Cold

As long as the Y adapter is not anti-syphon you can just turn it around
and then it becomes a mixer instead of a splitter. Then get some short
washing machine hoses as nick said.

sylvan butler April 19th 06 03:45 AM

On 18 Apr 2006 11:28:29 -0400, wrote:
Run a washing machine (female-to-female) hose from the hot spigot to

While looking in the washing machine section, look for a combiner hose.
They used to sell them, and might still do in the little hardware stores
(but probably not in the big box stores). It is a hose with two female
going out to an open end or sometimes a male or a female fitting.

Can't find one, but up for a little DIY to save some money? You need a
washing machine hose (cheap one, just for the two female fittings
attached to some hose) and a 1/2" copper Tee fitting and some hose
clamps. Cut the hose, clamp each end to an end on the Tee. Now the
mixed water will come out the 3rd end. Clamp another piece of hose onto
that third end as desired.

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com

Stormin Mormon April 19th 06 01:22 PM

Garden Hose AdaptorMix Hot and Cold

The laundry section of a hardware store. They (used to) make such
adaptors.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

.net...

Dan[_37_] March 24th 20 07:44 PM

Garden Hose AdaptorMix Hot and Cold

replying to Michael Bushey, Dan wrote:
try home depot, it is a washing machine slitter hose

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ld-107403-.htm