Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Bishop

Default microwave - no power

About an hour after I last used my microwave, I tried to use it again and
there was no power - the display was dark and nothing I could do on the
front panel brought it back.

What is the likelihood that it's just a blown fuse, or something similar?
If so, how easy would this be to get at and repair? What are the odds that
it's deader than the dodo? If it's the microwave generator whatsit, would
that mean the display is dark?

It's a Sharp Carousel and is at least 4 years old.

I checked the outlet and no joy there-it has power.

--
charles
Posted to alt.home.repair

Could be a fuse...

http://www.epinions.com/content_145302523524

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco

I had a similar problem where we
inadvertantly fat fingered the time buttons
and programmed in lots of extra minutes.
The food way overheated and popped
a fuseable link above the top of the
oven ceiling. A trip to the local applience
parts place and a new "flame detector"
got it back on line. May not be your
problem, but it is something to check.

Charles Bishop wrote:
About an hour after I last used my microwave, I tried to use it again and
there was no power - the display was dark and nothing I could do on the
front panel brought it back.

What is the likelihood that it's just a blown fuse, or something similar?
If so, how easy would this be to get at and repair? What are the odds that
it's deader than the dodo? If it's the microwave generator whatsit, would
that mean the display is dark?

It's a Sharp Carousel and is at least 4 years old.

I checked the outlet and no joy there-it has power.

PowerMac G4 (Quicksilver) Power Supply Chris Electronics Repair 7 January 31st 06 03:19 AM
pc power supply failure? Al Electronics Repair 9 January 23rd 05 11:15 PM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM