DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing caulk from "caulk strip" (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/153638-removing-caulk-caulk-strip.html)

GotBonus April 16th 06 11:13 PM

Removing caulk from "caulk strip"

In Arizona, when we moved into our home, we made the error of using the
pre-caulked rubber stripping to seal around medicine cabinets and the vanity
cabinets. These strips have since succumbed to gravity and slipped down,
leaving a caulk residue on the painted wall and wood cabinets. The sliding
rubber pulls off easily enough, but what is the easiest way to remove the
sticking removing caulk?
I am not worried about ruining the paint on the wall, but I am a bit
concerned about the finish on the oak vanity cabinets.
Thanks