Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaKan

Default garden hose leakage

i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/ the hose
into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks. anything else I
can do?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"SeaKan" wrote in message
i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/ the hose
into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks. anything else I
can do?

Try a better washer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Make sure there is no dirt in the threads.

"SeaKan" wrote in message
i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/ the hose
into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks. anything else I
can do?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry

Try putting in a second washer if there is room. It's likely bottoming
out before the washer is compressed.
Larry

SeaKan wrote:
: i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/
: the hose into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks.
: anything else I can do?

Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

SeaKan wrote:
i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/ the hose
into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks. anything else I
can do?

Try a new washer, take the hose back.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 02:27:01 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"SeaKan" wrote in message
i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/ the hose
into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks. anything else I
can do?

Try a better washer.

That and if/when that doesn't work, use a big pair of water pump
pliers to tighten it, but don't squeeze so hard it's not a circle when
you're done.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:22:54 -0400, "SeaKan"
wrote:

i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/ the hose
into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks. anything else I
can do?

Yes, you missed the obvious..... Call a plumber !!!!

This is a job best left for the professionals. You are endangering
your life and that of your family by attempting to do this by
yourself. You are also risking severe flooding and damage to your
home. You are most likely invalidating any homeowners insurance that
you may have too. This is a job for a licensed plumber. Please call
one before you do any more damage.
Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaKan

wrote:

i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/ the
hose
into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks. anything else
can do?

Yes, you missed the obvious..... Call a plumber !!!!

This is a job best left for the professionals. You are endangering
your life and that of your family by attempting to do this by
yourself. You are also risking severe flooding and damage to your
home. You are most likely invalidating any homeowners insurance that
you may have too. This is a job for a licensed plumber. Please call
one before you do any more damage.

what is a plumber going to do?
this is on the OUTside of my house.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"SeaKan" wrote in message

what is a plumber going to do?
this is on the OUTside of my house.

But you don't know what to do. He will.

Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

wrote:

i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/ the
hose
into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks. anything else
can do?

Yes, you missed the obvious..... Call a plumber !!!!

This is a job best left for the professionals. You are endangering
your life and that of your family by attempting to do this by
yourself. You are also risking severe flooding and damage to your
home. You are most likely invalidating any homeowners insurance that
you may have too. This is a job for a licensed plumber. Please call
one before you do any more damage.

what is a plumber going to do?
this is on the OUTside of my house.

It should be obvious that you are replying to a
troll idiot. No reasonable person would give you
such advice. As said before, replace the washer
and if that doesn't work, the connector is
probably bad and you should ask for a replacement
hose.