DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A/C filter-drier flow direction (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/153405-c-filter-drier-flow-direction.html)

[email protected] April 15th 06 01:06 AM

A/C filter-drier flow direction

I thought the same thing. I'd check mine and tell you what it says but
it's raining.

DJA April 15th 06 01:07 AM

A/C filter-drier flow direction

I just had a new a/c system installed so forgive this if it's a stupid
question...

I thought the uninsulated line running to the compressor was the freon
return line and the flow was *toward* the compressor. On my system, the
flow arrow on the filter-drier is pointing out. See picture....

http://home.comcast.net/~iflyfish/ac.jpg

Is this the correct mounting of this part?

Thanks,
David

Stormin Mormon April 15th 06 02:20 AM

A/C filter-drier flow direction

This is correctly installed. The small line travels towards the house.
The large line, the freon travels towards the outdoors.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

HeatMan April 15th 06 03:04 AM

"DJA" wrote in message
I just had a new a/c system installed so forgive this if it's a stupid
question...

I thought the uninsulated line running to the compressor was the freon
return line and the flow was *toward* the compressor. On my system, the
flow arrow on the filter-drier is pointing out. See picture....

http://home.comcast.net/~iflyfish/ac.jpg

Is this the correct mounting of this part?

The drier is correct.

The Romex power supply is NOT correct! You may not have codes to follow in
your area, but common sense should tell you and the installer that the way
the high voltage wiring is installed IS NOT right! I'm almost willing to
bet there isn't a disconnect there either.

Zip tying the 220volt power supply to the suction line..... Geeesh.

Is this on a Carrier condenser?

hvactech2 April 15th 06 03:06 AM

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:07:21 -0400, DJA wrote:

I just had a new a/c system installed so forgive this if it's a stupid
question...

I thought the uninsulated line running to the compressor was the freon
return line and the flow was *toward* the compressor. On my system, the
flow arrow on the filter-drier is pointing out. See picture....

http://home.comcast.net/~iflyfish/ac.jpg

Is this the correct mounting of this part?

Thanks,
David

yes, That is the correct flow direction.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail

Richard J Kinch April 15th 06 07:58 AM

DJA writes:

Is this the correct mounting of this part?

Are you north or south of the equator?

HeatMan April 15th 06 01:38 PM

A/C filter-drier flow direction

"Sugob" wrote in message
ups.com...

HeatMan wrote:

The drier is correct.

The Romex power supply is NOT correct! You may not have codes to follow

in
your area, but common sense should tell you and the installer that the

way
the high voltage wiring is installed IS NOT right! I'm almost willing

bet there isn't a disconnect there either.

Zip tying the 220volt power supply to the suction line..... Geeesh.

Is this on a Carrier condenser?

Yes it is.

Just because the condenser is a Carrier is NO excuse for the electrical to
be done like that.

Are you the OP?