Posted to alt.home.repair
Sean

Default Lawn Care

Hey all, first time homeowner here, looking for someone to direct me to a
good web resource on how to care for your lawn yourself. Google turns up
mainly ads.

I live in Canada, which means we get some heavy weather in winter, and I
want to get some info on steps to take now that the snow has melted.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Sean" wrote in message
Hey all, first time homeowner here, looking for someone to direct me to a
good web resource on how to care for your lawn yourself. Google turns up
mainly ads.

I live in Canada, which means we get some heavy weather in winter, and I
want to get some info on steps to take now that the snow has melted.

Scotts puts out some very good information. Try their web site.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pick a US state with similar growing conditions to yours and look at
the .edu sites from a land grant college.
I can't recall what Canada's version of a cooperative extension service
is but in the US every county of every state has one.
Forget Scotts they just want to sell you product.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message
Hey all, first time homeowner here, looking for someone to direct me
to a good web resource on how to care for your lawn yourself. Google
turns up mainly ads.

I live in Canada, which means we get some heavy weather in winter,
and I want to get some info on steps to take now that the snow has
melted.

Scotts puts out some very good information. Try their web site.

Frankly they put out a lot of good advertising. Following their advice
will give you a good lawn with four times the chemicals needed to have a
great lawn.

In the US we have county extension services, you have a similar
government sponsored group. They will give you great local information
without the commercial hype and it's free. Any local university with an Ag
department is likely to have a web site with information as well. Just make
sure your information is local.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeffrey Judd

"Sean" wrote in message
Hey all, first time homeowner here, looking for someone to direct me to a
good web resource on how to care for your lawn yourself. Google turns up
mainly ads.

I live in Canada, which means we get some heavy weather in winter, and I
want to get some info on steps to take now that the snow has melted.

Check out this discussion group:
http://www.lawnsite.com/

Good luck

Bowl care robo hippy Woodturning 1 July 25th 05 08:19 PM
MTD lawn tractor design flaw? Ted B. Home Ownership 20 June 7th 05 02:12 PM
Lawn mower throttles? meirman Home Repair 2 January 24th 05 04:28 PM
Renovating lawn Kyle Boatright Home Repair 7 August 7th 03 08:34 PM