DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   air conditioner (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/153244-air-conditioner.html)

leonard bailey April 13th 06 07:49 PM

air conditioner

hi all.
my ac quit running ,i would like to know where to start
troubleshooting this problem
thanx
leonard

Grumman-581 April 13th 06 08:10 PM

air conditioner

"leonard bailey" wrote in message
ink.net...
my ac quit running ,i would like to know where to start
troubleshooting this problem

Where to start? Easy... Circuit breaker box... If something electrical
quits running, the obvious first thing to check is to ensure that you have
electricity getting to the device...

Is it a central air type airconditioning unit? If so, the exterior unit has
a relay in it and fire ants have been known to be attracted to it... The fry
themselves in the relay to the point where the relay can't close anymore,
thus no power to run the unit...

Edwin Pawlowski April 13th 06 08:11 PM

air conditioner

"leonard bailey" wrote in message
ink.net...
hi all.
my ac quit running ,i would like to know where to start
troubleshooting this problem
thanx
leonard

Check the fuse or circuit breaker. Given the amount of information you
give, that is about all anyone can tell you to do.

Is it a 5000 Btu room unit or a 60 ton industrial unit?

Grumman-581 April 13th 06 08:17 PM

air conditioner

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
Check the fuse or circuit breaker. Given the amount of information you
give, that is about all anyone can tell you to do.

Yeah, ya' gotta just love the problem description that some people give and
expect a diagnosis of the problem... Maybe he could define "quit running"?
If it's no longer cooling, some people will describe that as "quit
running"... Perhaps the compressor is running and the fan is not? Perhaps
he has a window unit and it became unplugged? Not enough information... The
best we can do is tell him to ensure he has power coming to the unit...

Doug Kanter April 13th 06 09:12 PM

air conditioner

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
Check the fuse or circuit breaker. Given the amount of information you
give, that is about all anyone can tell you to do.

Yeah, ya' gotta just love the problem description that some people give
and
expect a diagnosis of the problem...

From a cooking newsgroup, a few months ago:

Subject Line: Can you make lasagna at home?
In the message: How?

You can imagine the responses. :)

Stormin Mormon April 15th 06 02:25 AM

air conditioner

By providing the list iwth more details.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.