DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Epoxy Clear Coat Question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/152943-epoxy-clear-coat-question.html)

tacker April 11th 06 04:34 PM

Epoxy Clear Coat Question

I have recently redone my basement concrete floor with Expoxyshield
Professional, a polyamide-based two-part epoxy. I used two coats and
the included color chips sprinkled on the second coat. The results are
excellent.

However....

The color chips. not being encapsulated by the epoxy, have left the
surface with a rougher, more sandpaper-like, texture than I had hoped.
The answer would be a clear coat of epoxy (or urethane), but the
problem is that I am beyond the recoat period (72 hours) by several
weeks.

Rustoleum recommended that the surface be sanded to improve bonding,
but I am not sure how the color chips would hold up to that effort.
What I was wondering is whether there is any practical way, using an
epoxy solvent/remover, to spray a light coating over the floor, allow
it to create a slight "tackiness," then coat the floor with a clear
epoxy.

Anybody have an educated opinion on this, or another approach?

Thanks.

m Ransley April 11th 06 05:15 PM

Epoxy Clear Coat Question

Sand as they said , but id leave it, to much trouble and it will wear
down. The real plus is it is not now as slippery wet.