Posted to alt.home.repair
SammyBar

Default How to clean glue from regrigerator's door...?

Hi all,
I bought a new refrigerator but when tryed to remove a paper glued to the
door, the glue stayed. What can I use to remove the glue without damaging
the white paint of the door? I already tryed with detergent, alcohol and
glass cleaner but none of then worked.

Any hint is welcomed
Thanks in advance
Sammy

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"SammyBar" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Hi all,
I bought a new refrigerator but when tryed to remove a paper glued to the
door, the glue stayed. What can I use to remove the glue without damaging
the white paint of the door? I already tryed with detergent, alcohol and
glass cleaner but none of then worked.

Any hint is welcomed
Thanks in advance
Sammy

Goo gone, goof off or similar

Posted to alt.home.repair
DAC

WD40

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin

Call the manufacturer.

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
"SammyBar" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Hi all,
I bought a new refrigerator but when tryed to remove a paper glued to the
door, the glue stayed. What can I use to remove the glue without damaging
the white paint of the door? I already tryed with detergent, alcohol and
glass cleaner but none of then worked.

Any hint is welcomed
Thanks in advance
Sammy

Posted to alt.home.repair
Cue

On 10 Apr 2006 12:46:20 -0700, "DAC" wrote:

| WD40

Works for me, too. I got ancient, dried-out, bonded duct tape glue off
of ceramic tiles using WD40. Nothing else worked. I kept trying on and
off for at least a decade (it was in an inconspicuous spot, so it
wasn't a priority) using all kinds of solvents and cleaners, but only
WD40 worked.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

WD-40 works everytime!

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair
SammyBar

WD40
Will it damage the painting...?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

Not at all, I have used WD on many things as a matter of fact I have even
used it to remove bird droppings on a car while at a show. I didn't have my
cleaning bucket of goodies at the time and the only thing that was in the
car was WD, so I used that right before the judges got to me. Worked great.
If I was confident enough to used WD-40 on my show car then I think a
refridgerator is going to be just fine.

Searcher