DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing backsplash tile (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/152513-removing-backsplash-tile.html)

[email protected] April 8th 06 02:25 AM

Removing backsplash tile

What is the best way to remove backsplash tile? My main concern is
leaving the sheetrock underneath intact. Prybar?

Thanks.

No April 8th 06 03:16 AM

Removing backsplash tile

wrote:
What is the best way to remove backsplash tile? My main concern is
leaving the sheetrock underneath intact. Prybar?

Thanks.

If you are going to re-tile then yes, a small prybar will be fine. A
few other impliments of destruction would be helpful as well - Hammer,
'cold' chisel (PLEASE DO NOT USE A WOODWORKERS CHISEL), 5 in 1 tool,
scraper, bigger hammer if necessary, bigger pry bar if necessary. Any
imperfections, divots or scratches can be tiled over when installing the
new.

If you are going to just paint then you will need to be more careful
(Assuming it in Sheetrock) But, you will still need to repair the
drywall or plaster and sand smooth.