DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Flooring (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/152395-flooring.html)

Paul April 7th 06 04:03 AM

Flooring

HI, I've installed Pergo in most of my downstairs. It looks good,
although keeping the seams together was tough and they've wandered in a
few places.

I'm thinking about going the laminate route upstairs

Questions:

1. Is there any issue with laminate on anything other than a ground
floor?

2. The DuPont Real Touch Elite seems to be much, much better than
Pergo. The beveled feel of the seams is more realistic and they claim
that it fits better generally. Is it worth the extra cost? I knew
full well when I bought the Pergo that it wouldn't look exactly like
hardwood and that's OK. But the DuPont stuff looks more realistic to
me. Does it look as good in the real world?

Edwin Pawlowski April 7th 06 04:10 AM

Flooring

"Paul" wrote in message

1. Is there any issue with laminate on anything other than a ground
floor?

No, it goes most any place.

2. The DuPont Real Touch Elite seems to be much, much better than
Pergo. The beveled feel of the seams is more realistic and they claim
that it fits better generally. Is it worth the extra cost? I knew
full well when I bought the Pergo that it wouldn't look exactly like
hardwood and that's OK. But the DuPont stuff looks more realistic to
me. Does it look as good in the real world?

Sure, Pergo is low end. Newer, better material exist. Also consider
engineered wood floors. www.manninngton.com for both laminate and wood.
www.wilsonart.com for laminate