DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help - Refinish solid door?? Advice (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/151554-help-refinish-solid-door-advice.html)

john March 31st 06 11:06 PM

Help - Refinish solid door?? Advice

Hello all,

I have a six panel solid wood interior door that was stained with a dark
wood stain. Well, the previous owners dog used to scratch at the door near
the knob. So it has several scratch marks that have marred the finish and
removed the stain. Can I take the door down and lightly sand the scratches
down and then restain. Should I sand that area more heavily and then lightly
sand the remaining part of the door that has no damage. Advice??? Thanks

John

[email protected] April 1st 06 10:17 AM

Help - Refinish solid door?? Advice

Visit www.refinishwizard.com forum and ask there also. Experienced