DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hydro-Air spa/bathtub question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/151145-hydro-air-spa-bathtub-question.html)

louie March 29th 06 03:05 AM

Hydro-Air spa/bathtub question

Hello all,

We have only recently moved into a house that has a spa tub. The other
evening, my wife filled the tub above the jet fittings for the first
time and I started hearing the dreaded "tick-tick-tick" noise of water
dripping behind the tub enclosure, so I've found a source for parts and
replaced the jet fittings with no further leaks from them, BUT...
While running a cleaning solution through the tub, I also found a loose
plastic tube that started spewing water from the pump into the wall
space behind the tub (luckily, I still have the wall open and
accessible). I can't find any installation manuals online so far, but
the suction fitting says it's a Hydro-Air brand and that has helped to
find the jet parts (Micro-Jet is the model). Does anyone know what
this open tube might be? It's about 1/4" diameter, clear flexible
plastic. It's obviously connected to the pump discharge side somehow
but there appear to be no fittings within reach of the tube. Any info
is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lou

louie March 29th 06 02:21 PM

Hydro-Air spa/bathtub question

also, did some more looking with a flashlight into the enclosure cavity
last night... there is no "air button" to control the pump, so it can't
be connected to that. I'm still searching online, but so far most of
my searching brings up hottub dealers with very little technical info,
especially for bathtubs. If nobody has any ideas here, does anyone
maybe know of a more appropriate NG I can crosspost this to?

Thanks again,
Lou