DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Which start kit for Whirlpool fridge? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/151013-start-kit-whirlpool-fridge.html)

Dan Olson March 28th 06 06:46 AM

Which start kit for Whirlpool fridge?

First timer to this group. What is the correct start kit for my
Whirlpool fridge, model ET22DKXAW02? I went out and bought a Supco
RCO410 start kit but then I discovered my fridge has a run capacitor
and the supco web site says it this start kit is for compressors
without run capacitors.
--
dano )

Appliance Repair Aid March 28th 06 01:43 PM

Dan Olson wrote:
First timer to this group. What is the correct start kit for my
Whirlpool fridge, model ET22DKXAW02? I went out and bought a Supco
RCO410 start kit but then I discovered my fridge has a run capacitor
and the supco web site says it this start kit is for compressors
without run capacitors.
--
dano )

Hi,

Replacement kit...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=586234
Compressor relay & overload assembly

jeff
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Dan Olson March 29th 06 06:56 PM

"Appliance Repair Aid" writes:

Dan Olson wrote:
First timer to this group. What is the correct start kit for my
Whirlpool fridge, model ET22DKXAW02? I went out and bought a Supco
RCO410 start kit but then I discovered my fridge has a run capacitor
and the supco web site says it this start kit is for compressors
without run capacitors.
--
dano )

Hi,

Replacement kit...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=586234
Compressor relay & overload assembly

jeff
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thanks, but I was given advice to try a 3 in 1 start kit since this
fridge runs for half a day or so, then suddenly can't start. Fans
keep running and I can here it trying to start every 4 minutes or so.
Unplugging it for a while seems to cure it.

--
dano )

Appliance Repair Aid March 29th 06 07:44 PM

Which start kit for Whirlpool fridge?

Thanks, but I was given advice to try a 3 in 1 start kit since this
fridge runs for half a day or so, then suddenly can't start. Fans
keep running and I can here it trying to start every 4 minutes or so.
Unplugging it for a while seems to cure it.

--
dano )

G'day,

Most techs and all of the manufactures do not advice using the 3-1 kits
to replace a PTC relay on the newer compressors.

They can void any compressor warranty left and can cause over heating
problems with the compressor.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/