Posted to alt.home.repair
Ted

Default Question On Installing Spacemaker Microwave OTR

I picked up a GE SpacemakerXL ( model# JVM1630WB006) over-the-range
microwave used, but not the installation manual. I have all the hardware
and do understand how to hang it.

The old vent hood that I just removed didn't vent to the outside; it just
filtered the air and recirculated. This is how I want to keep it since I
don't cook that often and when I do, it's usually just to boil water.

The microwave has a rectangular opening with a flimsy metal door over it
which is the output of the vent if going to the outside (up through the top
cabinet). Since I just want to re-circulate, can I just leave it as it is,
or do I need to close that off more securely.

Here are pictures of the top of the microwave:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...f/IMG_0011.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...f/IMG_0009.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...f/IMG_0007.jpg

or should I just remove the metal door frame completely as shown in this pic
and install it that way:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...f/IMG_0012.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair
MikeP

In article dZ2Wf.227147$Mh4.104600
@fe02.news.easynews.com, says...

I picked up a GE SpacemakerXL ( model# JVM1630WB006) over-the-range
microwave used, but not the installation manual.

http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/literat
ure/

cut and paste if the URL wraps
Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G

"Ted" wrote in message
m...

[...]

On the latest model GE's, the fan assembly is rotated so the air is directed
towards the front upper grill on the MW. This will block any air from
exiting the back or top of MW. Then a charcoal filter assemble is
installed behind the grill to remove odors from the smoke before it exits
the MW. Any parts store should have charcoal filter.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ted

"MikeP" wrote in message
bal.net...
In article dZ2Wf.227147$Mh4.104600
@fe02.news.easynews.com, says...

I picked up a GE SpacemakerXL ( model# JVM1630WB006) over-the-range
microwave used, but not the installation manual.

http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/literat
ure/

cut and paste if the URL wraps

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I did go to the GE
support site but when I put my model number it just waits forever. They may
be doing site maint. in the wee hours.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ted

"Tom G" wrote in message

"Ted" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Thanks for that info Tom. I got the fan rotated and will pick up a filter
today. Much appreciated.