DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Skill Level Required for Tiling? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/150319-re-skill-level-required-tiling.html)

nj_dilettante March 22nd 06 11:23 PM

Skill Level Required for Tiling?

Cindy wrote:
Hello,

I'm debating tackling re-tiling the kitchen floor and bathroom walls.
I have zero experience with tiling but have seen hours and hours of
DIY shows and it doesn't look that difficult but I'm sure it never
does! Assuming I can get a decet tile cutter, is it worth it to
attempt it myself?

Thanks,

Cindy

One of the more important steps in getting a professional-looking
installation is taking some time to do your layout. Little slivers of tile
around the edges of a room or at a doorway look terrible, and are a pain to
cut.

My parents had a tile job done in their kitchen where the tile runs into the
family room carpet on an 8' convex curve. The guy who did the job took the
time to get the tiles centered on the middle of the arc. No one really
notices WHY the job looks so damn good, but everyone comments on the floor!