DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Skill Level Required for Tiling? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/150282-re-skill-level-required-tiling.html)

No March 22nd 06 07:20 PM

Skill Level Required for Tiling?

"Cindy" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,

I'm debating tackling re-tiling the kitchen floor and bathroom walls. I
have
zero experience with tiling but have seen hours and hours of DIY shows and
it
doesn't look that difficult but I'm sure it never does! Assuming I can get
decet tile cutter, is it worth it to attempt it myself?

Thanks,

Cindy

Go for it Cindy. As a DIYer I have done several projects, mostly largish
ones. My most complex one will be in a couple of weeks. 5 different tiles in
a layout done by a designer. Some on angles, some inset glass mosaics, tile
chair rail, etc. The works. (That on top of new bath fixtures, cast iron
tub, vanity plumbing and electrical)

Lots of good advice searching here and asking questions as you go. Quite
possibly your hardest part will be pulling out the old tile.

-B