Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Combs

Default GE Dryer vent conversion from back to side

We have a GE gas dryer which is approximately 3 years old. Is it possible
to convert the vent from a rear outlet to a side outlet?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

Seems like I've seen some Dryers that have a 4" precut- cutout on the sides
for just such a thing. You would have to remove it to get it to feed that
direction,

Scott-
"Dave Combs" wrote in message
We have a GE gas dryer which is approximately 3 years old. Is it possible
to convert the vent from a rear outlet to a side outlet?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

search for your manual with make and model number for installation
specifics on this.

other general appliance assistance at:
http://fixitnow.com/faq.htm#dryer

Dave Combs wrote:
We have a GE gas dryer which is approximately 3 years old. Is it possible
to convert the vent from a rear outlet to a side outlet?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Dave Combs wrote:
We have a GE gas dryer which is approximately 3 years old. Is it possible
to convert the vent from a rear outlet to a side outlet?

Thanks

Hi,

Most can be side vented...not all can be vented in both ( L&R )
directions.

http://www.applianceaid.com/dryersideventhelp.html

We have a GE gas dryer which is approximately 3 years old

This does little to ID the dryer, model#?

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

dryer vent length, multiple bends Joseph O'Brien Home Repair 10 January 17th 06 08:04 PM
Dryer vent Chas12 Home Repair 32 December 22nd 05 03:29 PM
Dryer vent routing across basement ceiling dean Home Repair 14 November 2nd 05 08:06 PM
which side, again? brocpuffs Woodworking 12 February 10th 04 07:47 AM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions) Leon Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 05:08 AM