Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat in Atlanta

Default Cleaning Hardwood Floors

I have a large kitchen and breakfast room that have hardwood floors. What
is the best way to clean them on a weekly basis?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

"Pat in Atlanta" wrote in message ...
I have a large kitchen and breakfast room that have hardwood floors. What
is the best way to clean them on a weekly basis?

Vacume?

When I had swedish finish put on my floors, I was told to use a cup of vinegar in a gallon of
water.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

If they are Bruce pre finished floors, Bruce makes a cleaner that works
well.

"Pat in Atlanta" wrote in message
I have a large kitchen and breakfast room that have hardwood floors. What
is the best way to clean them on a weekly basis?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:25:57 -0500, "Pat in Atlanta"
wrote:

I have a large kitchen and breakfast room that have hardwood floors. What
is the best way to clean them on a weekly basis?

Dust mop or vacuum.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

What kind of finish is on the wood? What does the manufacturer
recommend? Not knowing that, the safest method is a slightly damp
(water) sponge or mop. If the finish is polyurethane, you can use an
oil soap (such as Murphy's oil soap--the gel is better than the
liquid).

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:29:56 -0500, "Pat in Atlanta"
wrote:

This is a kitchen. It needs more than dusting.

.. .
wrote:

I have a large kitchen and breakfast room that have hardwood floors.

What
is the best way to clean them on a weekly basis?

Dust mop or vacuum.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Liz

"Pat in Atlanta" wrote in message
I have a large kitchen and breakfast room that have hardwood floors. What
is the best way to clean them on a weekly basis?

We had new hardwood floors installed throughout last spring, including
kitchen. They were done by an old timer, in business for 40 years. He
recommended daily spot cleaning with a damp paper towel, and weekly damp
mopping with water only, or to add a bit of vinegar for stubborn stains. He
stressed not to use any commercial product because of product build-up.
Personally, I feel that the kitchen floor isn't really clean until I
actually get down on my knees each week to wet wipe it rather than use a
mop. For the rest of the house I use a Shark cordless vacuum and those
Swiffer mops on a daily basis. (I should own stock in the company!}

Liz

finishing hardwood floors [email protected] Woodworking 4 March 10th 06 02:38 PM
Carpet Cleaning FAQ david lang UK diy 6 November 20th 05 02:05 AM
Restoring Hardwood Floors [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 16th 05 04:54 AM
Can someon tell me where and what solution I can get for daily routine cleaning of marble floors..,TIA!!! Daniel Home Repair 3 January 24th 04 03:25 PM
Kitchen Cab / Hardwood Installation HELP Michael Roback Home Repair 1 August 11th 03 08:52 PM