DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   2" Sanitary Tee vs. Wye (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/149387-2-sanitary-tee-vs-wye.html)

a12vman March 16th 06 02:46 PM

2" Sanitary Tee vs. Wye

I added a Utility Tub to my laundry room. I tied the into a 2" Horizontal
PVC Drain using a 2" Sanitary Tee (instead of a Wye). I just realized that
this may not be code since Tee's are mainly for Vertical drains. Is this
going to cause problems for me?

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

Edwin Pawlowski March 17th 06 12:42 AM

2" Sanitary Tee vs. Wye

"a12vman" wrote in message
. ..
I added a Utility Tub to my laundry room. I tied the into a 2" Horizontal
PVC Drain using a 2" Sanitary Tee (instead of a Wye). I just realized that
this may not be code since Tee's are mainly for Vertical drains. Is this
going to cause problems for me?

Did you pull a permit? Does it work? If no and yes, then no.

PipeDown March 17th 06 01:27 AM

2" Sanitary Tee vs. Wye

You can usually use either as long as the flow is the right way. Often the
choice is based on the space you have to work in. A Wye poses less of a
restriction to larger solid waste. For a Tub, I think it is OK.

I pulled a permit and was a little disappointed when the inspector only
listened to me describe the work while he stood in the middle of the room
and pronounced "sounds great to me" When I asked if he even wanted to turn
on a faucet, he said "I would if you were a contractor but homeowners who
dare to do this work usually do it above code" I was thinking "whatever"

. ..

bill allemann March 17th 06 01:50 PM

2" Sanitary Tee vs. Wye

the main problem is that you may not be able to get a cable to go thru the
fitting.
if the horizontal run already has a cleanout, it's not a big deal.

. ..

dnoyeB March 20th 06 02:30 PM

2" Sanitary Tee vs. Wye

a12vman wrote:
I added a Utility Tub to my laundry room. I tied the into a 2" Horizontal
PVC Drain using a 2" Sanitary Tee (instead of a Wye). I just realized that
this may not be code since Tee's are mainly for Vertical drains. Is this
going to cause problems for me?

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

only if you have to snake it.