Posted to alt.home.repair
c_shah

Default Squeaky floors

I have carpeted second floor bedroom with squeaky floor (only some
part of the room)?
Is there any easy and not so expensive way to fix it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV

Try this:

http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/27...t--108068.aspx

or these:
http://www.mcfeelys.com/product.asp?pid=0710-TSO
You should be able to find trim head screws at your local home center.
You will probably need a square drive screewdriver to install them.
Try in the closet first to see if they will mangle your carpet.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

"c_shah" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have carpeted second floor bedroom with squeaky floor (only some
part of the room)?
Is there any easy and not so expensive way to fix it?

Based solely on my experience, no.
When I bought new carpeting for my family room, I put in 100 screws wherever
there was a squeek. Quiet for 6 months, but now they are coming back.

Good luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair
c_shah

RayV, how do I know directions of the joist?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV

Generally, floor joists run perpindicular to the ridge of the roof, but
this is not always the case. Check the basement, crawl space or attic;
the 2nd floor joists will most likely run the same direction. Or, if
you can determine which way the long edge of the drywall seams runs on
the ceiling below the joists are probably perpindicular to that seam.
Or, try a stud finder on the ceiling below.

Care and maintenance of hardwood floors Bob Home Repair 4 March 7th 06 05:12 PM
Squeaky floors Jon Home Repair 3 February 10th 06 07:47 PM
floors in new house [email protected] UK diy 30 October 8th 05 03:35 PM
Floor shake = Squeaky Floor? ellhc Home Repair 7 March 23rd 05 12:46 PM
Care for shellac wood floors Vince Woodworking 5 September 14th 03 03:04 PM