Posted to alt.home.repair
tomkanpa

Default ~ KITCHEN FAUCET STEM QUESTION ~

I purchased two faucet stems to be used in a Bradley kitchen faucet,
model 8710. These stems are not Bradley stems, I believe they are
Universal Rundle, but they fit the Bradley faucets.
The old stems were about a quarter turn from off to fully on. The new
stems turn a lot more from off to on. But that is not a problem as long
as you don't turn the hot water spigot slowly. If you do, the pipes
rattle.
My question is, are the stems interchangeable? The reason I ask is, the
new stems turn the opposite direction of the old ones. Switching them
would correct this. Can they be switched?