Posted to alt.home.repair
cerealtrader

Default Bryant furnace-- code 34?

Good Morning:

About two weeks ago, we woke up to pilot lights on both the hot water
heater and furnace out. No problem with restarting either on the first
try.

This morning, the Bryant furnace was out (Model 373L--it and the house
are 4 years old) -- I attempted to restart it, but get a Code 34
returned ("Ignition Proving Failure") each time, which then goes into
lockout (Code 14). I wiggled each and every wire, cleaned the filters,
and said a small prayer; however, no go.

Some poking around online brings up various suggestions; one more than
most-- "oxide buildup on flame sensor". I am not a HVAC-type guy, and
cannot locate the flame sensor... cleaning it with some steel wool
seems to be my next option, if someone can point me to it?

Any other suggestions are most welcomed (prior to the dreaded service
call)..

-cerealtrader

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

see:
http://www.arnoldservice.com/furnace_flame_sensors.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

bryant manual at:
http://www.bryant.com/apps/finddocs/form.jsp?b=b

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

most-- "oxide buildup on flame sensor". I am not a HVAC-type guy, and
cannot locate the flame sensor... cleaning it with some steel wool
seems to be my next option, if someone can point me to it?

It's likely to be right in front of, or right over,
where the flame is supposed to be.