DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   lightweight siding (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/148738-lightweight-siding.html)

RobertM March 12th 06 02:23 PM

lightweight siding

I'm building a storage shed and I'm getting too old to lift heavy masonite
siding panels. Is there something else with a reasonable amount of strength
but about half the weight of masonite? I googled and found polypropylene
siding but I can't find much information on it. Prefinished brick is listed
under lightweight, only 6 pounds per sq ft which is something like 192
pounds for a 4x8 sheet. Not exactly what I had in mind.

Bob

[email protected] March 12th 06 03:24 PM

lightweight siding

You don't say what kind of construction, codes, or wind, or weather
conditions you want to meet.
Older frame construction in the South used only siding boards.
Those could be done one at a time.
TB