DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Odd size sanding belts (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/148468-odd-size-sanding-belts.html)

Big Al March 10th 06 06:28 PM

Odd size sanding belts

Have a Sears Craftsman belt sander that uses a 3 by 26.5 inch belt. At least
that's what it measures now. Of course I can't find belts for it anywhere.
It has some writing on the back of said belt but it's worn off. Anyone know
a source?

Al

No March 10th 06 06:33 PM

Odd size sanding belts

"Big Al" wrote in message
Have a Sears Craftsman belt sander that uses a 3 by 26.5 inch belt. At
least
that's what it measures now. Of course I can't find belts for it anywhere.
It has some writing on the back of said belt but it's worn off. Anyone
know
a source?

Al

Warning to all - Sears does things in a propriatary way a lot. Keeps you
needing to go back to Sears.

So, try Sears. If no, there may be places to make custom size belts for you.
I have never used them and know nothing about them but google turned up this
http://customsandingbelts.com/

Good luck

DanG March 11th 06 03:38 PM

Odd size sanding belts

Klingspor arguably makes the best sanding belts available.
Klingspor also makes custom belts. They offer 3x27 belts as a
normal size.

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-b...%20ALL%20SIZES
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)