DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stucco Paint? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/148017-stucco-paint.html)

PaPaPeng March 7th 06 05:14 PM

Stucco Paint?

I have stuccoed exterior walls with woodtrim, walnut stained. There
is some overspray of walnut stain on the stucco. Is there a suitable
white paint to cover up the overspray?

Cue March 8th 06 07:06 PM

Stucco Paint?

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 17:14:29 GMT, PaPaPeng wrote:

| I have stuccoed exterior walls with woodtrim, walnut stained. There
| is some overspray of walnut stain on the stucco. Is there a suitable
| white paint to cover up the overspray?

I'd use some cleaner or solvent and simply try to get the stain off
the stucco first. Try TSP, for example.

Once you paint over it, you'll have to keep painting it on a regular
basis forever. And then there's the question of color-matching the
stucco -- problematic.

PaPaPeng March 9th 06 06:12 AM

Stucco Paint?

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 19:06:20 GMT, (Cue)
wrote:

| I have stuccoed exterior walls with woodtrim, walnut stained. There
| is some overspray of walnut stain on the stucco. Is there a suitable
| white paint to cover up the overspray?

I'd use some cleaner or solvent and simply try to get the stain off
the stucco first. Try TSP, for example.

Once you paint over it, you'll have to keep painting it on a regular
basis forever. And then there's the question of color-matching the
stucco -- problematic.

My concern is that TSP is an acid that will eat into the lime of the
stucco and weaken it.

I daubed fresh thinned stucco over overspray and the color is
mismatched, too fresh white.

I was thinking of some water soluble white dye or paint that will
blend the overspray enough to fool the senses that that part is
slightly "dirty." The overspray should leach out with the paint
eventually or at least weather to blend the walnut tint.