DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   telephone ringer repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/147435-telephone-ringer-repair.html)

aldago March 4th 06 01:31 AM

telephone ringer repair

I have an AT&T slimline telephone whose ringer suddenly has a very low
volume. I think the ringer is in the handset but I don't know how to
get to it. Anyone have any ideas??

[email protected] March 4th 06 02:26 AM

telephone ringer repair

did you try the volume control?

phones are so cheap your probably better off replacing it or adding
another phone close by with a good ringer

George E. Cawthon March 5th 06 12:26 AM

telephone ringer repair

aldago wrote:
I have an AT&T slimline telephone whose ringer suddenly has a very low
volume. I think the ringer is in the handset but I don't know how to
get to it. Anyone have any ideas??

Throw it away and get a new phone--something other
than a slimline.

George E. Cawthon March 5th 06 12:34 AM

telephone ringer repair

wrote:
did you try the volume control?

phones are so cheap your probably better off replacing it or adding
another phone close by with a good ringer

Good idea, buy an $8 phone and hook both to the
phone line with a $1 splitter (check the local
dollar store for the splitter.