DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Scratched floor boards (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/147153-scratched-floor-boards.html)

Sandra Bodycoat March 2nd 06 10:29 AM

Scratched floor boards

Hi

I have jarrah floorboards & they have scratches on from where I move the bed
to make it, I would like to know what I can put on them to make it look like
they dont exist???
Thanks
Sandra

nhurst March 2nd 06 07:02 PM

Scratched floor boards

Are the scratches in the wood itself or just in the finish? You might
be able to buff out the scratches in the finish with some 00 steel
wool, and re-apply some of the finish to even out the look.

If it's in the wood, the only way to make them disappear would be to
sand down everything in the area until they were gone, then refinish
the boards to match the surrounding area.