DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wall mountable LCD TV (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/147128-wall-mountable-lcd-tv.html)

Pol March 2nd 06 03:44 AM

Wall mountable LCD TV

Can someone recommend a good wall-mountable 17" or 19" LCD TV under $500?
Its hard to find one since the specs don't always say whether they are
wall mountable. I almost made a huge mistake with the Westinghouse 19".

Main items are .. 1024i HDTV compatible, TV tuner built-in and good to
decent speakers. RF/Coax input a plus!

Thanks!

Travis Jordan March 2nd 06 10:57 PM

Wall mountable LCD TV

Pol wrote:
Can someone recommend a good wall-mountable 17" or 19" LCD TV under
$500? Its hard to find one since the specs don't always say whether
they are wall mountable. I almost made a huge mistake with the
Westinghouse 19".

Main items are .. 1024i HDTV compatible, TV tuner built-in and good to
decent speakers. RF/Coax input a plus!

I don't know of ANY LCD TV's that are designed for wall mounting.

Travis Jordan March 2nd 06 11:14 PM

Wall mountable LCD TV

RicodJour wrote:
Pretty much any of them can be wall mounted. It's one of their
biggest features. There are innumerable brackets available and
they're not drilling into the back of the TV to attach the brackets.
Those holes are there for a reason.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

BobK207 March 3rd 06 02:38 AM

Wall mountable LCD TV

RicodJour wrote:
Travis Jordan wrote:

I don't know of ANY LCD TV's that are designed for wall mounting.

Pretty much any of them can be wall mounted. It's one of their biggest
features. There are innumerable brackets available and they're not
drilling into the back of the TV to attach the brackets. Those holes
are there for a reason.

Westinghouse:
http://www.westinghousedigital.com/p...all-mount.aspx

Not all manufacturer's offer the brackets but there are plenty of 3rd
party universal brackets available.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...mounted+lcd+tv

and

http://www.omnimount.com/product.asp?p=144

J Huntley Palmer March 3rd 06 06:14 PM

Wall mountable LCD TV

Pol wrote:
Can someone recommend a good wall-mountable 17" or 19" LCD TV under $500?
Its hard to find one since the specs don't always say whether they are
wall mountable. I almost made a huge mistake with the Westinghouse 19".

Main items are .. 1024i HDTV compatible, TV tuner built-in and good to
decent speakers. RF/Coax input a plus!

Thanks!

Pol,

If you mean the Westinghouse LTV-19W3, it is a nice tv but it has no
wall mount holes in the back. Does any one have recommendations for
Gerry rigging this? Its a nice tv for the money.

The users on the amazon website specifically say that it has not mount
holes in the back.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

"I may be wrong but from looking at the back, I don't believe this unit
is VESA compliant. Wall mounting it may be difficult. This is a bit of a
let-down being as I can't imagine putting four appropriately place screw
holes on the back raises the manufacturing costs significantly."

The Westinghouse website also says that it does not support wall
mounting. idiotic..