Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Door Drips When Opening in the Rain

Is there anyway to stop my garage door from dripping inside the garage
when I open it in the rain? Is this normal?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there anyway to stop my garage door from dripping inside the garage
when I open it in the rain? Is this normal?

Normal for some doors on some garages. Are you a first-time homeowner?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank K.

It's normal, but there is an easy fix. Attach a cheap tarp
to the inside of the door. When the door is open the tarp
will catch any drips and empty itself when the door closes.

Frank

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there anyway to stop my garage door from dripping
inside the garage
when I open it in the rain? Is this normal?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard Blaine

"Frank K." wrote in message
It's normal, but there is an easy fix. Attach a cheap tarp to the inside
of the door. When the door is open the tarp will catch any drips and empty
itself when the door closes.

Frank

Of just glue a strip of plastic over the section joints. Leave enough slack
for it to flex as the door goes up and down.

Rick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there anyway to stop my garage door from dripping inside the
garage
when I open it in the rain? Is this normal?

Normal for some doors on some garages. Are you a first-time homeowner?

No, first time garage woodworking workshop owner At our old house
the door was one solid piece that swung up so the only drips possible
were at the edges which isn't a big deal and only having a car in there
I couldn't care less. This door is in sections so the drips come
through those gaps and get much further into the garage and all over my
tools. Just wondering if there was a way to prevent it.

The only practical way I can think of would be to build some sort of
drip tray below the rails. I suppose one could be fabricated from
sheet metal. It would have to be low enoug to clear any operating
mechanism of course.

Harry K

I see it! U-shaped with a lip for the screws to attach it. Inside of U
facing the outside, which means they end up angled like little gutters
when the door goes up.

Or, think about actually using some ready-made gutter, available at any home
store.

In my garage it wouldn't work. The cover would have to cover the
entire width of the door as it drips through each section
crack...whoops, does it? I'll have to pay more attention the next time
it is raining. I sure do get dripped on getting in and out of the car
though.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Y'know I think I see it too... I could probably attach little gutters
to the guide rails as it's only an issue when the door is actually
stopped in the open position.

It's an epiphany! ---$20 word

Oh, a sesquipedalian, eh?

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to dpenney, Ron Holterman wrote:
I made a product that will help you, I have been a service tech in the garage
door industry and after years of seeing problem. Free to test for me very easy
to install.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ain-94306-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 7:44:06 PM UTC-4, Ron Holterman wrote:
replying to dpenney, Ron Holterman wrote:
I made a product that will help you, I have been a service tech in the garage
door industry and after years of seeing problem. Free to test for me very easy
to install.

Please post your telephone number and email address so I can contact you
about your product.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 1, 2006 at 8:41:37 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Is there anyway to stop my garage door from dripping inside the garage
when I open it in the rain? Is this normal?

That was 10 years ago, the water has dried up by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/17/2016 9:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 7:44:06 PM UTC-4, Ron Holterman wrote:
replying to dpenney, Ron Holterman wrote:
I made a product that will help you, I have been a service tech in the garage
door industry and after years of seeing problem. Free to test for me very easy
to install.

Please post your telephone number and email address so I can contact you
about your product.

You are testing him?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 7:44:06 PM UTC-4, Ron Holterman wrote:
replying to dpenney, Ron Holterman wrote:
I made a product that will help you, I have been a service tech in the garage
door industry and after years of seeing problem. Free to test for me very easy
to install.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ain-94306-.htm

I would be interested in hearing more about your product
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 7:05:44 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/17/2016 9:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 7:44:06 PM UTC-4, Ron Holterman wrote:
replying to dpenney, Ron Holterman wrote:
I made a product that will help you, I have been a service tech in the garage
door industry and after years of seeing problem. Free to test for me very easy
to install.

Please post your telephone number and email address so I can contact you
about your product.

You are testing him?

--
.
Christopher A. Young

How's the batts bud?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:17:55 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 7:05:44 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/17/2016 9:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 7:44:06 PM UTC-4, Ron Holterman wrote:
replying to dpenney, Ron Holterman wrote:
I made a product that will help you, I have been a service tech in the garage
door industry and after years of seeing problem. Free to test for me very easy
to install.

Please post your telephone number and email address so I can contact you
about your product.

You are testing him?

--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.

How's the batts bud?

Chris was baptized and has now gone to Heaven. Sad to see him leave
this Earth but he is in a better place.

Do you keep up with current events?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 8:55:40 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
Do you keep up with current events?

I just knew I was going to see this response. Chris and I were pretty close as far as these groups go.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Ron Holterman, Ron Fiebiger wrote:
Interested in your garage door drip product.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ain-94306-.htm