Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Dunn

Default Oil fired heating reboot

Hi,

Ran out of oil (again) in our kerosine based heating system last week,
I ran the oil through last time with a builder pal of mine and intend
to do the same again but wondered if there is anything I need to know
or it there is a guide anywhere?

Basically we undid the oil filter a bit to see if oil was getting to
that and then waited a while trying the reset switch on the burner
every 15 mins, eventually it caught and was fine.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Dunn

Bubba wrote:

Yeah, you need to learn to stop running the heating system empty. It
needs fuel to run.
Bubba

Ahhh, the internet voice of reason and logic... helpful.

/sarcasm off

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Jimmy Dunn" wrote in message
oups.com...

Basically we undid the oil filter a bit to see if oil was getting to
that and then waited a while trying the reset switch on the burner
every 15 mins, eventually it caught and was fine.

There may be a bleeder fitting by the pump. Open it slightly and hit the
reset. Keep a wrench on it so you can tighten it as soon as fuel comes out.
Of course, keep a can under it and a hose on it into the can.