DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ideas for wellhead cover (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/146360-ideas-wellhead-cover.html)

Banty February 25th 06 03:37 PM

Ideas for wellhead cover

This spring the house will get its new siding and trim and the rest of the front
windows replaced. It's a ranch house. The siding will be a vertical vinyl, and
the shutters are going down to be replaced by a 3 1/2 inch trim around the
windows.

My wellhead is in the middle of the front yard. Right now, it's covered by one
of those little wishing wells. A big on the cutesy side; I painted it to match
the paint and trim of the house nine years ago. But I'm SO ready to lose it.

But what else do I do with it? It extends several inches above the ground.
Cutesy little lighthouses and stuff like that would be no improvement over the
wishing well and I don't want any of those in my front yard either.

Any ideas? I mean, other than my friend who suggested I mock up a minature oil
rig to celebrate my Texas roots (oh my neighbors would love THAT here in upstate
NY...)

Banty

Harry K February 25th 06 04:29 PM

Ideas for wellhead cover

A flower planter, a bird bath, a water fall.

Almost any home decorating or gardening mag should have several ideas.

Harry K

Toller February 25th 06 05:29 PM

Ideas for wellhead cover

"Banty" wrote in message
This spring the house will get its new siding and trim and the rest of the
front
windows replaced. It's a ranch house. The siding will be a vertical
vinyl, and
the shutters are going down to be replaced by a 3 1/2 inch trim around the
windows.

I've seen fake rocks.

Edwin Pawlowski February 25th 06 06:11 PM

Ideas for wellhead cover

"Banty" wrote in message

But what else do I do with it? It extends several inches above the
ground.
Cutesy little lighthouses and stuff like that would be no improvement over
the
wishing well and I don't want any of those in my front yard either.

Big satellite dish. Covers the well head and give you a chance to show off
to the neighbors.
Cell phone tower. Hides the head and is a regular source of income

If for some reason they don't appeal to you, consider some sort of flower
planter or garden spot. You an always put a bench over it also.

[email protected] February 25th 06 09:22 PM

Ideas for wellhead cover

rock garden built around it.

plants to hide it.

fake plastic/fiberglass rock to cover it.