DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Custom Countertop (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/145960-custom-countertop.html)

Hogwild February 22nd 06 05:02 PM

Custom Countertop

I built a bar on the weekend and am going to need to make/buy a custom
countertop for behind it.

It is L shaped and the sink side will be only 18 inches wide (to the
wall). I heard a total custom top would be pretty expensive.

I'm thinking of gluing some arborite to a custom wood base.

Do you have a link to a "how to" thread for this?

I need to know how thick the base ply should be and some cutting,
gluing, trimming instructions.

Thanks in advance.

PipeDown February 23rd 06 01:14 AM

Custom Countertop

Have you looked at the tech support link for the manufacturer of that very
product
http://www.arborite.com/en/technical.asp

Check the substrates and adhesives link.

Personally I think a marble/granite etc. tile counter using 18"x18" tiles
would be nicer than a laminate.

for more how to try yahoogling "installing plastic laminate" or buy a
kitchen remodeling book at a store.

"pictures are worth thousands of my words"

.. .