DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Constructional Hearth (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/145897-constructional-hearth.html)

Griffo February 22nd 06 12:25 PM

Constructional Hearth

I'm new to DIY. I have removed an old surround and the fireback etc to
open up the fireplace to fit a stove. The only problem is that the
constructional hearth is crumbling and is in a state of poor repair
generally. I think it is probably better to replace it. How do I go
about it?

Newfie February 22nd 06 01:48 PM

Constructional Hearth

Hard to say with information given. Usually jack hammer the beast out
and replace. Is it cement, tile, marble etc...