Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Trachtenberg

Default Hoover Windtunnel powerhead cord repair

Cord frayed and broke where it enters the powerhead. I'd like to trim
it back to where it broke and rewire it but cannot figure out the
plastic cable clamp. I figured I'd ask here before I break something.

Thanks.

Mike
(reverse domain)

Posted to alt.home.repair

I cant help with that specific sweeper, sorry we are hoover elite
people here.

What I do when at flea markets is buy whatever Elites I see that are
cheap and resonably intact. At a price of about 8 to 12 bucks (as is)
are available, for around $20 a rebuilt one with new bag I have a stash
of them in the attic, and canibalize as needed for parts. fixed some
friends elites too. this way the parts are essentially free.

This compares very favoirably with 30+ bucks I paid once for a power
cord after our new puppy chewed it up. only brite spot is puddle has
never chewed another wire in her life, she actively avoids even walking
over them, and she is 9 years old. she is smart.cord was plugged in at
the time

recently I bought a case of brand new elite belts, a lifetime supply
for us on
e bay for 20 bucks. locally they are 3 bucks each plus tax, got like 50
belts

its buying smart and being willing to work a little. this way is so
cheap I have 3 working, and if one has a problem I just grab another
sweeper