DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Spray on stucco (Texcote) removal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/145285-spray-stucco-texcote-removal.html)

ra February 18th 06 09:31 AM

Spray on stucco (Texcote) removal

The previous owner of our house had a lacy Texcote applied to the
exterior walls of our Spanish Revival stucco home. The stuff is
holding up very well, but I really dislike the look of it. Can I just
cover it with a skim coat of stucco or will that cause any problems? I
have noticed that after a rain some areas of the walls look discolored
and take longer to dry out, but otherwise the Texcote unfortunately is
very solid. Thanks in advance!