Posted to alt.home.repair
jim

Default circut Breaker box

We have a 1936 5 room house with a 100 amp service w/ circut breakers.
We wil be updating to 200amps service soom. Down the road it
probability 2 rooms add to the house 1 of witch will a bedroom the
other will be a family room (computer). My big question is what to
look at having to done in line of the fuse box or electric work

thanks
jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Assuming you do not want to do work inside the panel, on your own, or
that doing so is a code violation - I don't know if this is up to code
but while the electrician is in there I'd have him add enough circuits
to handle the future expansion. Either run one big circuit to a branch
box at the end of the house where the new addition will be, or run some
circuits to junction boxes whereever is convenient. Then you can tap
into the junction box without having to get into the new panel.

Basically have the pro do all the work inside the new panel but run
circuit(s) which would be left 'off' for future growth.

circut Breaker box jim Home Repair 3 February 11th 06 06:32 PM
Replacing a circuit breaker 110 Volts CGB Home Repair 21 December 24th 05 07:35 AM
circuit breaker popping once every 24 hrs Dan Kuechle Home Repair 8 August 5th 04 08:04 PM
Strange not-quite-240 high-voltage smoke problem... short? circuit breaker? Kent Monroe Home Repair 10 February 22nd 04 03:42 AM
breaker tripping barry martin Home Repair 0 June 23rd 03 09:58 PM