DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Special double ended drill bits (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/143882-special-double-ended-drill-bits.html)

[email protected] February 8th 06 11:59 AM

Special double ended drill bits

Years ago I got some double ended drill bits. They were sharp on both
ends, and were short. They were intended for sheet metal workers, and
as far as I know, only came in small sizes, like 1/8". Those were the
handiest bits. Not just because they have 2 usable ends, but because
they were short and did not break everytime I use them. I just was
drilling a 1/8" hole in a piece of 1/4" thick steel, and used a brand
new bit. As always, the damn thing broke, because it's too f**king
long for drilling in steel.

The reason I ma posting this is because I dont know where to buy those
special bits. The ones I got years ago came from an auction which was
selling used tools and other equipment from a plumbing and heating
business that shut down. At the time I bought several boxes of hand
tools, and a few other things, and found a container with about 10 of
those bits in one box. They were so handy, but eventually I used them
up.

Where can I buy some of these. Anyone know?

Mark

DanG February 8th 06 12:27 PM

Special double ended drill bits

They are made by several manufacturers. Here is one
http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/...rwinProd100129

Look in your yellow pages for a commercial construction supply
house.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

Kathy February 8th 06 01:14 PM

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/ap9012.html

Noozer February 8th 06 02:48 PM

Special double ended drill bits

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=39801

6 cents each!

16.6 cents each!

[email protected] February 8th 06 11:20 PM

Special double ended drill bits

Have you tried a heating and air conditioning supply house ???

If you are using these for pop rivets try and get drill size number 30
instead of 1/8 inch...the #30 is a tad larger...just a tad though and
its what most folks use for 1/8 inch rivets.

~:

Gideon February 17th 06 12:04 AM

Special double ended drill bits

Titanium Nitride bits are adequate for many applications, but double-
ended Cobalt bits are a much better investment.

This site sells them 12 for $5.00:
http://www.hobbytool.com/browseprodu...rill-Bits.html

I have a friend who bought them much cheaper at a mobile tool sale,
but he can't remember which seller it was. He bought about 2 dozen
for about $5.