Posted to alt.home.repair
Churchill

Default Watch out for Mortar Sticking to Porous Brick

Some old fashioned looking brick is very rough and has a porous
exterior. This looks great on your house, but be very careful that the
mason does not splatter or splash any mortar on this kind of brick. It
will adhere to the surface of the brick and be very difficult to
remove. Ask the brick supplier about this issue before you decide on
your brick and/or discuss with your mason.

John Churchill
Builder/Cont. Ed. Instructor at Emory University
Author of www.renovation101.com