Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default Charger MOS

I have about twenty multiple outlet strips. You know, the things that have
substituted for gang extension cords.

I need to set up a charging rack for all my portable radios, cell phones,
and various other things that need charging.

Those outlets are too close together to use all of the outlets on one strip.
With a charger pod, you can only use about every other one on some types of
chargers. Some chargers are thin, and will use every plug. I saw one in
the catalog on the plane the other day that comes with several short
extensions from the strip so you can plug in all the chargers, but then you
end up with a bigger bird's nest of wire.

Does anyone make these that have the plugs spaced wider apart for chargers?
If they do, I haven't seen any yet.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Steve B wrote:
I have about twenty multiple outlet strips. You know, the things that have
substituted for gang extension cords.

I need to set up a charging rack for all my portable radios, cell phones,
and various other things that need charging.

Those outlets are too close together to use all of the outlets on one strip.
With a charger pod, you can only use about every other one on some types of
chargers. Some chargers are thin, and will use every plug. I saw one in
the catalog on the plane the other day that comes with several short
extensions from the strip so you can plug in all the chargers, but then you
end up with a bigger bird's nest of wire.

Does anyone make these that have the plugs spaced wider apart for chargers?
If they do, I haven't seen any yet.

Google power strip transformer and you'll get some hits. They're
becoming much more common - any good office supply or computer store
should have some.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

RicodJour wrote:

Steve B wrote:

[...]

They also make short "liberators" with two or three recepticals on short
cords emanating from one plug:

http://tinyurl.com/b7e9u

They allow you to dangle a number of wallwarts from a single outlet.

Someone here will probably warn about the fire hazards of letting a
wallwart lie on a carpeted floor. I suppose that could be true if
something shorted out and overloaded it, but thus far I've never felt a
wallwart in use get hot enough to not comfortably hold in my hand, nor
have I seen any code directives against using those "splitters".

I'm not too old to learn however.....

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

under my desk was a mess

I found a cheap effective solution

Bought a bunch of 6 foot cheap extesion light cords, and replacement
plugs.

cut the receptable end to about a foot and tossed the plug end with
unnecessary cord.

installed replacement plugs on the new short cords.

with the 2 sided receptables from light cords, each will hold 2 power
adapters, so one power strip will hold 12

government should require some changes, all that mess must cause a
occasional fire.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

www.cyberguys.com has what you need. Lots of other places, too,
just can't think of any right now.

news4rEf.17268$JT.15386@fed1read06...
:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin Ricks

"Steve B" wrote in message
news4rEf.17268$JT.15386@fed1read06...
I have about twenty multiple outlet strips. You know, the things that have
substituted for gang extension cords.

I need to set up a charging rack for all my portable radios, cell phones,
and various other things that need charging.

Those outlets are too close together to use all of the outlets on one
strip. With a charger pod, you can only use about every other one on some
types of chargers. Some chargers are thin, and will use every plug. I
saw one in the catalog on the plane the other day that comes with several
short extensions from the strip so you can plug in all the chargers, but
then you end up with a bigger bird's nest of wire.

Does anyone make these that have the plugs spaced wider apart for
chargers? If they do, I haven't seen any yet.

Steve

I have a mulit outlet that was made for wall warts. It has 2 rows of 3
outlets and is about 3 times as wide as a standard multi outlet strip.
It can take 6 wall warts and has right angle plug.
look for them at computer/electronic or office supply type stores.
Kevin