DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can/Should this water level sensor be cleaned? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/142859-can-should-water-level-sensor-cleaned.html)

Toller February 1st 06 04:09 AM

Can/Should this water level sensor be cleaned?

http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/level.jpg

With the guidance of you kind folks, I took the front off my washing machine
and cleaned some gunk out of the tube in the water level system; right above
the nipple. Now it shuts off at the correct level instead of overflowing.
Can't ask for much more than that, right?

Well, it seems to me that if the tube had gunk in it, it must have come from
the box it is attached to. Can this be opened up to clean it? (I mean
without breaking it...) Or should it be left alone?