DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   remove garbige disposal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/142856-remove-garbige-disposal.html)

delta February 1st 06 03:17 AM

remove garbige disposal

i need to know what is the right position when i need to remove a
garbage disposal and is there any danger for me if i am under the
cabinet .

Edwin Pawlowski February 1st 06 04:25 AM

remove garbige disposal

"delta" wrote in message
oups.com...
i need to know what is the right position when i need to remove a
garbage disposal and is there any danger for me if i am under the
cabinet .

If it is over your head when it drops off the mount, it can hit you and do
damage. They weight 20 - 25 pound so use some common sense and be careful.
A support under it will help.

George E. Cawthon February 1st 06 05:42 AM

remove garbige disposal

delta wrote:
i need to know what is the right position when i need to remove a
garbage disposal and is there any danger for me if i am under the
cabinet .

If you can hold 30 pounds in one extend hand for 1
minute, go ahead. Otherwise, build a platform
with 3/4" boards at the top that you can remove
one at a time. AT the beginning the bottom of the
disposal should be within 1/4" of the top of the
platform.